Then came the end of October and the shit hit the fan. The pipe burst into the kitchen and our lives were turned upside down. The past few months have been a test of patience to say the least. I know my family is healthy and happy. But the past two months WERE HARD. I challenge anyone with 3 kids under 5 to have their kitchen torn apart. Our house was a battle zone most days. NO SINK, NO STOVE, and everything crammed into a small 10x10 room which is the makeshift kitchen. With a baby on bottles and crawling everywhere it was nuts. Workers were in and out everyday for 2 months. No privacy whatsoever. Constant noise. I could go on and on.
So I have to say 2013 was an ok year overall. There have been MANY MANY happy and great moments. 2013 brought challenges as does every year. There have been days the past few weeks where I seriously want to just sit and cry and have a major pity party. The anger builds and its hard to come back to reality. But its through these challenges that we grow I believe. My challenges may be more or less than others but for me they were still valid challenges. My hope for the New Year is that we can just get back to a sense of normalcy. Maybe go a few months without any major crisis kicking in.
I want to be more patient with my children. I want to put the phone down more often and savor each moment I have with them. I want to let go of the idea that everything must be in order and clean in order for me to feel good mentally. I have a problem with letting my surroundings affect my mood. This is something I need to let go of. If the floors are dirty it won't matter in 20 years!! What will matter is the time and love I gave to my kids and husband.
2013 has definitely taught me that God has all kinds of plans for us that we don't even know about yet. All of these plans are meant to help us grow stronger even if we don't see it right away. Every year is a chance for us to grow. Thank you 2013 for all the lessons and thank you readers for letting me be completely honest! Happy New Year everyone! Cheers to a happy and healthy 2014!!!!
![]() |
| 2012 |
| 2013 |
.jpg)















No comments:
Post a Comment